gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Compilation problems with latest maxima

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Compilation problems with latest maxima
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:28:24 +0300

Hi Camm!

Actually you are not quite right about cmpinclude.h.
In general this file it is not required by GCL.
GCL has built-in variable compiler::*cmpinclude-string*
which holds text of cmpinclude.h.  If this variable is
not NIL then compiler inserts it explicitly
in every foo.c generated by (compile-file "foo.lisp").
And only if compiler::*cmpinclude-string* is NIL then
compiler inserts usual #include and you _must_ have
cmpinclude.h in the include path.

Older version of GCL 2.5.0 worked fine to me without
any cmpinclude.h installed. But somewhere in August I
also start getting the problem with building
Maxima with GCL CVS.  If I take sloop.lisp
from maxima/src directory, start gcl
and make (compile-file "sloop.lisp")
then everything goes just fine.  I see that
very large sloop.c explicitly containing
cmpinclude.h text in the beginning.
But due to unknown reason if I try to
build Maxima with the same GCL then
sloop.c contains #include <cmpinclude.h>
I don't know why yet.