gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] BLAS for GCL

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] BLAS for GCL
Date: 19 Feb 2002 14:50:52 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for your reply!

I guess I'm just a bit unfamiliar with how this is done in the lisp
world.  Does one just make a loadable object, which in turn on
initialization calls dlopen on the blas library?  I suppose this is
exactly what the tkl object does on further thought.

But if this is the case, wouldn't it be better just to write a standard
lisp interface into dlopen instead of specializing for *every* foreign
library one would like to use?  In general, it seems much more
difficult to use third party code/libraries in the lisp world.

Any advice appreciated!  (Am aware of the existing blas project with
Clisp -- perhaps I should investigate further there when time
permits.)

Take care,