gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Releases ...

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Releases ...
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:40:29 -0800 (PST)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  Just wanted to pole people here -- what do you think it
> would take for use to cut 2.4.1 and 2.5.0 into released 'tarballs'?
>
> I.e., should we wait for working maxima builds on a few more popular
> platforms, or should we content ourselves with existing crude gcl
> builds?

I'd wait.  Since gcl is mainly used for maxima at this point, all a
premature release is likely to generate is more bug reports of the
already observed problems.  Maybe the 2.4.1 release isn't a bad idea,
but I'd wait on 2.5.0.

Also, what's the status of readline support?  I'd definitely make that
a feature to have before 2.5.0 is released - that will be a significant
demarkation point for a lot of users.

CY