gchemutils-main

Re: [Gchemutils-main] GChemPaint and gtk+-3.20

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: Re: [Gchemutils-main] GChemPaint and gtk+-3.20
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 18:33:12 +0200

W dniu 07.05.2016 o 16:58, Jean Brefort pisze:
> Le samedi 07 mai 2016 à 15:51 +0200, Julian Sikorski a écrit :
>> W dniu 01.05.2016 o 15:47, Jean Bréfort pisze:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Looks like GChemPaint has serious display issues when run over
>>> gtk+-
>>> 3.20 (gray background in the main window and, more critical,
>>> invisible
>>> buttons in the toolbox).
>>>
>>> As things work with the unstable branch (svn trunk, not 0.15.1),
>>> the
>>> easy way to fix it is to backport some code from it to the stable
>>> branch. This means API instability, but it should not be an issue
>>> since
>>> the libraries are not used elsewhere. And while there I think I
>>> might
>>> backport new features which seem already stable such as support for
>>> math equation display using lasem. Would adding this new dependency
>>> an
>>> issue for some packagers? I know there is a lasem rpm in fedora,
>>> but
>>> nothing in debian (although there is an old request for it).
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jean

>> Hi Jean,
>>
>> I looked for references of Lasem for fedora but I could not find any.
>> RPMFind only returns OpenSUSE packages. Please may you clarify where
>> did
>> you see references to Fedora lasem rpm?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Julian
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> I found this one:
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/23801403/dir/fedora_19/com/
> lasem-devel-0.4.1-7.1.i686.rpm.html
>
> Looks like it is related to OpenSuse though.
>
> Best regards,
> Jean

Hi Jean,

this does not look like proper Fedora package unfortunately. Moreover,
Fedora 19 is 3 releases older than the oldest supported branch.
As such, I am not in favour of adding this dependency. While I could
submit it for review, I cannot tell how long would it take to get the
package into Fedora repositories.

Best regards,
Julian