gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] GChemPaint and gtk+-3.20

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] GChemPaint and gtk+-3.20
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 15:47:01 +0200

Hi,

Looks like GChemPaint has serious display issues when run over gtk+-
3.20 (gray background in the main window and, more critical, invisible
buttons in the toolbox).

As things work with the unstable branch (svn trunk, not 0.15.1), the
easy way to fix it is to backport some code from it to the stable
branch. This means API instability, but it should not be an issue since
the libraries are not used elsewhere. And while there I think I might
backport new features which seem already stable such as support for
math equation display using lasem. Would adding this new dependency an
issue for some packagers? I know there is a lasem rpm in fedora, but
nothing in debian (although there is an old request for it).

Best regards,
Jean