gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] Help

From: Alex Jackson
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] Help
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:17:32 +1030

Hello,

I recently downloaded GChemPaint and it seems good! I was having trouble
with a couple of things. I'm drawing this nickel complex (attached) and
I can't figure out how to:

1) Make the NH on the ligands into NH2. I can see why it's NH, because
the program thinks the N-C and N-Ni bond means there's only one more N-H
bond available, but actually there are two N-H bonds on this ligand.

2) I would like to use a curved arrow to represent electron pair
movement from the water molecule on the right toward the nickel centre.
When I click on the curved arrow tool though, it won't let me put an
arrow from the O, only from the NHs (which I don't want).

I am using version 0.14.2 and Fedora 17.

Thank you,

Alex