Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Reminder: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 Jan. Discussion: "M

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Reminder: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 Jan. Discussion: "Munich switch complete. [GNU/]Linux Voice magazine. GUIX. FSF Appeal 2013."
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:34:28 +0000

On 23/01/14 01:31, Leslie I'Anson wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Just a quick note to say that I very much enjoyed Tuesday night's
> meeting, especially Bob's talk on the Munich switch - it was nice to
> finally meet you Bob.

The Munich switch is really inspirational and a good response to
statements that such a thing can't be done.
http://www.cio.co.uk/news/change-management/munich-open-source-completed-successfully/

The Race Online 2012 campaign I mentioned:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4539-race-online-2012-to-bring-sub-100-pc-s-to-market.html
IIRC, within days of its announcement a Microsoft Windows machine was
added for £1 more than the GNU/Linux one.

The FSF Respect Your Freedom laptop from Gluglug we talked about:
https://www.fsf.org/news/gluglug-x60-laptop-now-certified-to-respect-your-freedom

The FSF Appeal 2013 ends on Friday.  Please consider joining or
donating.  The FSF supports MFS via such things as the mailing list,
wiki and campaigning material like badges, stickers and books.
https://www.fsf.org/appeal/2013

> Thank you to all who attended for an interesting evening, I look
> forward to more!
[...]

Next month's meeting is Tuesday, 19th Feb (third Tuesday of the month).
 See you there.

Cheers,
Mike.
--