Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [HacktionLab] Last chance to book a place at

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [HacktionLab] Last chance to book a place at BarnCamp
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:47:22 +0100

There are lots of workshops on free software, which is good to see:
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/BarnCamp_2010_Workshops
It would be much appreciated if someone going to the workshops could
then do a workshop/talk at our Monthly Meetings or a talk on the event
itself, from a free software perspective.

If you do go then I would really appreciated if you did the following:

* Put over the case for the free software philosophy including the "four
essential freedoms" http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

* Mention Software Freedom Day <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/>.
That its a global event, the next one is on Saturday, September 18th,
2010 and that they should help out with their nearest event or create
one a local one. The list of UK teams are at
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/uk/ (but note that many
are inactive)

* If you find people looking to push forward the free software
philosophy in the UK then give them my email address and/or get their
contact details to me.

* Mention the good works of MFS <http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester>
including Software Freedom Day 2010 in Manchester
<http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/SFD2010>.

Cheers,
Mike.
MFS Chair.