Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Social Meet at the start of the month?

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Social Meet at the start of the month?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:34:09 +0100

Paul Waring wrote:
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:36:08PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
As for venue - we seem to be happy with the FAB Cafe for social events. It's cheap, central and geek-friendly. Again, suggestions welcome.

I like the atmosphere in FAB, but the rocky tables and the low lighting
does make it rather difficult for whoever is taking minutes.

A brightly lit corner?
A laptop?
A torch?

Places which serve proper meals (scrambled eggs on toast does *not* count! :)
tend to be better for sit down meetings in my experience - e.g. the
Waterhouse (which also happens to be ridiculously cheap). Having said
that, FAB is probably one of the few places in town where you can go
with people under the age of eighteen, and I know that affects some
people.

Having an extreme lack of surplus cash, I would prefer the cheapest place possible.

Food is not an issue for me, as if I'm hungry, I will get food from a cheap takeaway.

Personally, I have never had any problems with pubs or clubs in Manchester.
Since we aren't planning on going on a Friday or saturday night, it's hard to believe anyone will make our lives difficult.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----