fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] Spanish Free Software supporter - February, 2015

From: Georgia Young
Subject: Re: [FSF] Spanish Free Software supporter - February, 2015
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:54:03 -0500

Hi folks,

My apologies for the delay with the Spanish version of the Supporter
this month. My first day at FSF was one week before the end of the
annual fundraiser, and one week before the (English language) Supporter
was due. As you can imagine, I had to work very hard (including extra
hours) to get a huge backlog of important work done. The things I
prioritized were everything related to the fundraiser, and getting the
Supporter done. I sincerely apologize that posting of the Spanish
translation has taken so long - I was unclear on the process, and trying
to learn the right process while also trying to learn the right process
for everything else. A huge amount of work has piled up since WIll left,
and I'm working very hard to catch up with it all.

That said, the process of getting the Spanish translation of the Free
Software Supporter is underway, and I am hoping to have it posted Monday
at the latest. Next month will be better -- I promise. Thanks for your
patience.

And to clarify about the change in the month of the Supporter: we feel
that having the Supporter be named for the upcoming month is a nice way
to look ahead at all the great things that are yet to come. So instead
of sending a January Supporter on the last day of January, it is a
February Supporter, giving us something great to look forward to. It is
something that was being discussed as a possibility before I started
this job, and I agreed that it was a good idea.

My apologies again for the delay -- I really appreciate the translation
work you all do, and in March I will do a better job of respecting that
work by making sure it is shared with everyone in a timely manner.

Thanks,

Georgia