Re: [Fsfe-uk] Call for Evidence on Patents, Copyright, Enforcement, Comp

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Call for Evidence on Patents, Copyright, Enforcement, Competition and SME access to services
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:38:18 +0000 (GMT)

Alex Hudson wrote:
> So I would suggest that the only people who have any figures worth
> looking at are the ones spending money on IP processes, and doing the
> big money deals: no-one else is really going to track this kind of
> economic impact, but the pro-IP lobby will have plenty of "£X invested
> with IP protection, £(X*Y) generated as outcome" as case studies at the
> very least. So there's probably going to be good evidence in one
> direction, and virtually none in the other.

Do you think there's an opportunity to point out these defects of the
evidence call in a way that could be included?

Given that the pro-IP lobby will submit stuff anyway, is there much
damage in responding with whatever we do have?

Thanks,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/