Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Shane Coughlan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:45:33 +0900

Hi guys

On Dec 1, 2009, at 5:57 AM, Richard Smedley wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
>>  Its aims were:
>>     1. to promote and advance the knowledge, development, use and
>>     application of Free Software pioneered by the Free Software
>>     Foundation and others.
>
> Well, this is an FSF-E aim, so we need perhaps to encourage
> them into the UK?

I think there is a lot of room for talking about how FSFE could contribute to
the situation in the UK.

Paul Adams and I had previously talked about getting everyone together for a
chat sometime in the near future, and I believe Paul and Adriaan de Groot (new
FSFE legal department coordinator) continued that conversation after I went to
Japan.  I've got them in CC along with Christian, FSFE's Executive Director,
and Karsten, the President.

I think it's worthwhile to get this ball rolling.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan