Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:07:24 +0000

John¹ wrote:
The recipient of the project grant will shortly make an announcement on the projects to which the money will be directed.

Hi there,

I feel honoured to have the opportunity to disburse this
money from the community to FOSS projects for the benefit
of the voluntary sector - a sector which has one of the
lowest uptakes of Free Software.

An announcement is up at http://goodGNUs.org/ & follow-ups
will appear there too. Briefly, we are working on financial
software for credit unions, which has the potential to
scale beyond CUs, and also a collaborative project on
an entirely-FOSS cloud project for the sector.

Beyond this, I remain interested in what scope there
is for a national group for Free Software advocacy
in the UK now that AFFS is gone, and would love to
hear thoughts on this.

 - Richard Smedley

--
Richard Smedley          Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                       http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley           Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                  http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/