Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash f

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash format
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:13:07 +0000

Chris Croughton wrote:
It depends whether you are preaching to the converted or trying to get
ordinary people interested.  I don't know (personally) anyone with a
Theora player installed (I assume some of the people on this list have),

its possible that if you have any power users who torrent stuff on windows that they have installed one of the less than legal, non-free, codec packs for windows, many of which installs theora support among a multitude of other things.

The difference is here the theora would play in windows media player or what ever non-free media player on windows they use.

there is no need for a separate player for playing theora on GNU/Linux or Windows. (The most modern Mac I used had macintosh 7 on it and had a 70mb HD)

-Tim

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----