Re: [Fsfe-uk] radio4 now

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] radio4 now
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:06:57 +0000

Ahoy,

On Friday 09 March 2007 17:37:40 J.R. Seago wrote:
> On Friday 09 March 2007 17:00, Tom Chance <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  It would be well worth any Scottish subscribers to this list pestering
> > the Green  MSPs, and likewise if you live in a council with a good number
> > of Green councillors.
>
> Due to the differences between legal systems, I haven't yet moved to
> Scotland, but am in the process of doing so.
>
> Why are you suggesting 'pestering'  Green  MSPs and Green councillors, the
> May elections will be of concern to all levels of Local and National
> government in Scotland, at least that was my understanding. Surely all
> parties will be vying with one another to accommodate the wants and needs
> of all those who have a vote, why limit your demands to just one party?
>
> It also needs to be remembered that it can be just as effective to seek to
> unseat those one disagrees with, particularly if one tells them why one is
> doing so, before polling day, in a seat where the margins are close.
> Politicians are very protective of their salaries and expenses, at whatever
> level of government they operate, and for whatever party.

Oh sure, if you're not likely to ever vote Green, pester your preferred
candidates. Pester them all anyway, if you have the time. If your preferred
candidates don't win, pester those who do. I merely meant that whilst the
Green Party England & Wales and our sister party in Scotland have a pro-free
software platform, not every candidate will be particularly cognisant of the
issues, so pester them into fulfilling their party's pledge :-)

Regards,
Tom

--
| Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
| http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |