Re: [Fsfe-uk] Can more be done on the swpat e-petition?

From: P.L.Hayes
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Can more be done on the swpat e-petition?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:43:11 +0000

Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (P.L.Hayes) writes:
>> Looks like a cunning trap
>> I certainly won't be signing it.
>
> FWIW, I've read it and am fairly familiar with the language chicanery used
> by the pro-swpat crowd, and I think this is ok to sign.  I would sign if I
> was eligible.

I think you may have missed my point: I'm sure it wasn't really
written by Simon Gentry but it might as well've been. The more
signatures this ill-considered and poorly written petition attracts,
the more credence the government will likely give to the pro-swpat
brigade's assertions that opposition to swpats is coming mostly from
illiterate Microsoft hating "open source" programmers - an
economically irrelevant group whose uninformed and ideologically
motivated views can be safely ignored.

Paul.