LGOL-Net [was: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] portugal and free software]]

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: LGOL-Net [was: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] portugal and free software]]
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:53:09 +0100

Graham Seaman wrote:

In some ways it looks way better than what's happening here, in others they are a bit behind - for example, the pilot projects at council level kind of map to APLAWs and related things here. What we should be pressing for now is not setting up the pilots, but for the outcomes to be opensourced. For example, the protocols the pilots developed for data exchange are as far as I know not released publicly, so the little clutch of proprietary firms that know about them get to keep their monopoly. But then I'm not in that process and may be talking rubbish - this is mostly
surmise.

I was talking rubbish. My apologies.

In fact, LGOL-Net is GPL and  LGOL-X is LGPL. See
http://www.lgolnet.org

Has anyone tried working with them?

Graham