Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: Creative Archive - Next Steps

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: Creative Archive - Next Steps
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:48:10 +0100

On 2004-06-01 13:08:29 +0100 Tom Chance <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 10:47, MJ Ray wrote:
Why? It appears to support anti-commercial licensing [...]
It does? Where? To me, it seems to support licensing that allows commercial use, but that also doesn't prohibit or impede non-commercial use.

I have asked for clarification about the phrase "We do not object to a commercial plan in principle, as long as it does not unreasonably impede non-commercial use by licence holders." I read that as suggesting they would accept/encourage licensing that forbids commercial use, which would be consistent with other "Creative Commons" work.

I've experienced a large range of boundaries been used for "commercial use" in the past, when doing radio work, so this also worries me because of that.

This is why I only write "appears to". I will be happy if told by the letter's authors that my fears are wrong and it's just accidentally unclear.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.