[Fsfe-uk] Re: Re: Standing Orders, Postal Votes etc.

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Re: Standing Orders, Postal Votes etc.
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:58:44 +0100

On Thursday 01 January 1970 00:59, (Undated Digests) Date: Sat, 22 May 2004
20:36:05 +0100  MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
<snip>
> As you know, I'm reluctant to play with the constitution any more than
> absolutely necessary yet, because it's relatively well-worn, but known
> to be incomplete. If we can put the simplest possible completion to it
> in the form of the Rules and let them run for a year or so, then I'd
> agree with replacing it if doesn't work.

Standing Orders, there are two options here:
a) Agree the Model Set with the constitution and adopt them.
b) Just adopt the section numbered 6 as something like "Guidance for the
conduct of Meetings" which will allow greater flexibility.

Elections, as yet there seems to have been no need to actually hold an
election, but that situation is unlikely to continue, so there needs first
of all to be a decision on what kind of elections we are going to hold,
and secondly if they are to be postal. (To clarify this both 10b and the
final part of 6d need to decided by the either the Committee before the
next AGM, or the next AGM itself.

I have yet to see a 'Flood' of Email's, but then I take the Digest, which
itself seems to be having problems with its dates.

--
John Seago
Linux User #219566 (http://counter.li.org)