[Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC & AGM

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC & AGM
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:55:48 +0100

Dear all,

first of all many thanks to all those, who found the way to Birmingham this
year. Also many thanks to The Learning Machine, Network Theory and Open
Advantage for exhibiting at the event. And last but not least to Richard
Rothwell for offering the venue in the first place!

It was a wonderful day for me and I hope for all of you too. Just a brief
summary of the AGM: It was quorable (hurray!) and a new committee was
elected. Neither the proposal for grants nor the amendment for the
constitution were accepted, with the grant proposal being referred back to
the committee for further consideration. I'm sure more details will follow
soon. Jason Clifford took the chance to write another cheque over GBP 500 to
AFFS and presented it at the end of his talk to MJ Ray, our treasurer.

I took a few pictures and uploaded them to

  http://www.affs.org.uk/~marc/affsac2004/

for anyone to rescale/crop/colour correct etc and for inclusion in any kind
of report about the event. Please feel free to grab them from there and use
whichever you want. Jason recorded the talks with his video camera, so we
should hopefully get those converted at some stage too.

Hope you all had a safe journey back and it was great to see you all again!

Thanks,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/