[Fsfe-uk] The BBC again

From: Tom Chance
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] The BBC again
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:45:26 +0000

Hello,

The BBC have done it again, giving undue coverage to one side of a debate:

I think someone with an @ffii or @affs or @ukcdr e-mail address ought to write
a strongly worded letter to the BBC, asking that they allow the other side to
have it's say. I'm thinking it should mention in passing Sklyarov, the
actions of the RIAA and SCO and the slew of legislation going through related
to digital rights, showing them that there is a pattern and that thus far,
with the exception of a few Bill Thompson entries, they've only really
presented the pro-industry point of view. It's extremely bad journalism to
only present the views of one side.

I would send such an e-mail myself, offering to write the article myself, but
I don't think I'd have much impact, as they'd have no reason to take me for
any more than a random angry young man. But If someone with an e-mail address
that gave them a definite association with an organisation "on the other
side" e-mailed them, maybe it might work?

I know we've complained to the BBC before, but perhaps if we offer an article
presenting our side, rather than simple complaints, we might get somewhere?

Regards,
Tom