Re: [Fsfe-uk] MS EU anti-trust licences need to be Free, not RAND

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] MS EU anti-trust licences need to be Free, not RAND
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:17:10 +0000

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 01:20:47PM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
> As I understand the process though, the EU will be proposing various
> remedies to Microsoft this week, for a final decision in April. I'm not
> sure how we might be able to influence that at this stage.

An associate of mine has a contact in the European Commission. If there
are any contract / licensing experts out there that we could persuade to
do an in-depth analysis of the Microsoft XML file format licensing programme,
that might be helpful in establishing whether MS is currently engaging in
anti-competitive practices with regard to its new-generation Office file
formats.

If anyone knows of someone suitable, please contact me off-list.
--
Robin