Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:45:13 +0000

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 08:59, ian wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 22:48, Neil Darlow wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I had the following forwarded to me via an original post to the Milton
> > Keynes
> > LUG mailing list. I think it demonstrates some consideration for FLOSS by
> > BECTA.
>
> BECTA is conducting a TCO study of FLOSS.

> They
> really have to do something about FLOSS as is exists in the education
> domain.

Again I appreciate the constructive directions taken by Neil Darlow and
Ian but at the same time would like to point out that I saw on
lugmasters list M$ is spamming lugmasters  (last night ?) to conduct
another 'study'.
This should sum up the destructive effect on free software by market
researches.

Regards,

Ramanan