Re: [Fsfe-uk] Need help transcribing patent debate.

From: P.L.Hayes
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Need help transcribing patent debate.
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:10:41 +0100

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 23:37, Bernhard Kaindl wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, P.L.Hayes wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 September 2003 21:34, James Heald wrote:
> > > This morning's patent debate is online (Real Player) at
> > >
> > > http://europa.eu.int/comm/ebs/schedule.cfm
> > >
> > > (Go up to 9am-10am, and click on  09h43'58'' on the left)
> > >
> > > Attached is the start of an attempt at a transcript -- but it's
> > > very sketchy, with lots missing, lost, paraphrased or just wrong.
> > >
> > > I've re-done the first two speeches properly, but it's a slow
> > > business, and we need the transcription asap for journalists to
> > > be able to read.
> > >
> > > Could anyone who has any time, please choose a speech, mail this
> > > list to let everyone else know which one you've checked out, do a
> > > proper transcription, and then email that speech back to the
> > > list.
> > >
> > > I'd be really grateful; and it could be really useful.
> > >
> > > It shouldn't take too long -- most of the speeches are only about
> > > two or three minutes, so together we should be able to get this
> > > done really quickly.
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I can't get the damn thing to play using mozilla - any chance of
> > someone getting and posting the stream url for me?
>
> I've tried mozilla(not the newest version, tough) and konqueror, both
> failed.
>
> Even an attemt to try it on MacOSX with IE failed, it only seems to
> work on a recent Windows install with recent IE with Realplayer
> installed.
>
> I managed to record the english audio of the debate by using a audio
> cable from the speaker output jack to the line in of another
> computer, I can upload these files tomorrow anywhere you want, just
> mail me the location
>
> Alternatively, I can compress them to pieces < 10 MB and mail them,
> send me a mail in this case.
>
> Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard, mail would be fine and I could then put the files up
for others to download but I am not sure if it is worth bothering since
presumably the transcripts will have been completed by tomorrow.
However, if there are any left to do I would be happy to oblige
provided someone says which one(s) still need doing. In the mean time I
will draft a complaint to the EbS - the inaccessibility of the data on
their website is unacceptable.

Regards, Paul.