[Fsfe-uk] Allvoice - IBM litigation discussion

From: Bernhard Kaindl
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Allvoice - IBM litigation discussion
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:03:18 +0200

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Simon Waters wrote:

> McCarthy makes it sound like the patent licence was a minor issue, but
> taking IBM to court sounded difficult, and at one point John was of the
> opinion that using the US courts to prosecute IBM was next to
> impossible.

And it will be in the EU as well once software patents are legal in the EU,
because unless you are not a litigation company, IBM will backfire with some
patents(from where do I have this...? ;-) and in the end you come to a deal
with IBM which might not be good for you(or Allvoice, in this case)...

Bernhard