Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:54:48 +0000

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:07:27AM +0000, Marc Eberhard wrote:
> As far as I remember it looks something like:
>
> 1.     Approval of minutes

Not sure we have any minutes to approve :)

> 2.     Report of the Executive Committee
> 3.     Report of the Annual Accounts
> 4.     Election of Honorary Officers
> 5.     Election of Executive Committee
> :
> :
> n - 1. Results of Elections

^^^ In this space we probably ought to discuss any items people
bring up - specifically campaign related (i.e., one item per
campaign) might make sense?

> n.     AOB
>
> Should we put the question of charitable status on the agenda? We have two
> options in principal: Either we amend our constitution and drop political
> aims or we don't go for that status. Splitting the org into two as a work
> around doesn't seem to make much sense at this early stage.

I'm tempted to say we don't bother here - I don't think anyone is
seriously suggesting we look at charitable status. It was only ever there
as a kind of option rather than a roadmap.