[Fsfe-uk] European Commission links and dates

From: Chris Lale
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] European Commission links and dates
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:35:40 +0000

I received this message on the 12th December 2002. I thought that some
od the links might be useful esp for contacting the Commission and
Arlene McCarthy. Also the provisional dates might be useful.

London European Parliament address@hidden wrote :
> I cannot answer questions concerning the intentions of the European
> Commission, but you will find that the Commission has placed on its
> website a great deal of information about this proposed legislation - see
>
> http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/indprop/comp/index.htm
> http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/indprop/comp/02-277.htm
> http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/indprop/comp/02-32.htm
>
> These pages have links to other documentation, including the results of
> consultations undertaken by the Commission.
>
> The full text of the proposal may be found at
> http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/indprop/comp/com02-92en.pdf
>
> If the information from the Commission on the above pages does not
> answer your questions, then you may wish  to email the relevant section
> of the Commission at address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
>
> As far as the European Parliament is concerned, this proposal is
> currently being considered by the Legal Affairs Committee, with Arlene
> McCarthy, a UK MEP, as rappporteur.  The Committee expects to adopt her
> report on March 18th, 2003 and then it should go for its first reading
> in the European Parliament in the plenary session in Strasbourg in the
> week beginning April 7th, 2003 (these dates are provisional).
>
> The Committee held a public hearing on this matter in November - see
> http://www.europarl.eu.int/meetdocs/committees/juri/20021107/juri20021107.htm
> for related documentation (click on en in the right hand column for the
> English version of the documents)
> In addition, if you go to
> http://www.europarl.eu.int/meetdocs/committees/juri/20021107/juri20021107.htm and
> scroll down to November 7th, you will find links to some of the
> contributions to the hearing.
>
> Arlene McCarthy MEP may be contacted as follows
> address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> or
> by mail at Express Networks, 1 George Leigh Street, Manchester, M4 5DL,
> tel: 0161 906 0801 fax: 0161 906 0802
>
> Avis Furness
> Librarian
> European Parliament UK Office

Cheers,

Chris.
|  ___   Chris Lale   <address@hidden>                  |
| | <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (http://www.debian.org). |
| \      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications. |