[Fsfe-uk] Re: contacts in SA

From: Nick Hockings
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: contacts in SA
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:27:46 +0200 (SAST)

> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:39:48 +0100 (BST)
> From: Adam Bower <address@hidden>
> hi Nick,
>
> That will have been me, I'm very interested as I am sure my housemate
> would be in more things happening in SA, I already know a few people
> there
> who may have an interest in these things as they are committed Linux
> and
> FreeBSD users.
>
> Thanks
> Adam Bower

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delay. First backgound on Freenet africa:

June 2001 RMS toured South Africa. The tour was aranged and paid for by Pedro
Buccellato. RMS Asked Pedro to set up a "membership based freesoftware
organization" in the region. Unfornunately Pedro was almost broke from funding
the tour. In December 2001 I finished university, and worked as a fulltime
volunteer, based in Pedro's offices. End of Feb 2002 I had to return to the UK
because I could not get an SA work permit.

Now: I am working as a vet in Derbyshire, UK. I am looking for a voulnteer to
work promoting Free Software and Freenet Africa in Southern Africa. I can pay a
subsistence salary (R5000/month) to suport the volunteer. He/she must be
commited to Free Software, technically profcient in installing and maintaining
free software LANs and a competent public speaker.

I would also like to get in contact with everybody who would like to promote
free software in africa, irrespective of where they themselves are resident.

For more info see the Freenet Africa website http://www.freenetafrica.org

Please could you forward this email to everybody whom you think would like to
help.

Nick Hockings

<address@hidden>