[Fsfe-uk] [Georg C. F. Greve <address@hidden>] Recommendation of the FSF

From: david casal
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] [Georg C. F. Greve <address@hidden>] Recommendation of the FSF Europe on 6th framework programme of the European Commission (fwd)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:42:33 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

Georg Greve sent me this, but it seems he didn't send it to the whole
list. Great reading. Could people take a look and see if AFFS should
back it?

DC

david casal                   --0+
    ---
address@hidden             --9+
    ---
www.ariada.uea.ac.uk/~dcasal  --)+
Hi David,

I saw your posting on fsfe-uk that you're interested in the things
regarding the EU. Therefore I assumed that the following may be of
interest to you.

I know this is really short notice, but if you know any parties who
would want to support it, that would of course also be appreciated.

Regards,
Georg

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Recommendation of the FSF Europe on 6th framework programme of the European Commission Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:06:53 +0200 User-agent: Gnus/5.090006 (Oort Gnus v0.06) Emacs/21.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu)

--- End Message ---
Hi,

attached below you will find a recommendation of the FSF Europe on the
6th framework programme of the European Commission, recommending to
put emphasis on Free Software inside the 6th framework programme.

Following the recommendation of a European Commission official who
read the document and expressed that he found it well written and
potentially a very useful contribution, we are now looking for other
European parties to support this recommendation.

The more companies, agencies, organizations and governmental officials
are backing this recommendation, the more impact it is likely to have.

Therefore the FSF Europe is calling to interested parties to support
this document and allow being listed as supporting party. If you (your
organization, company, agency) wish to be listed, please send mail to

              mailto:address@hidden

containing supporting party name, postal address and web page (if
applicable).

Since the discussion on the 6th framework programme is already quite
advanced, we're planning to send this recommendation out asap, our
final deadline to get into the list of initial supporting parties is
29th of April.

Regards,
Georg Greve
FSF Europe, President