Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Meting of 13/04/02 Funding

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Meting of 13/04/02 Funding
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:59:55 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, John Seago wrote:

> Is there any EU Funding available, has anyone asked? Perhaps it may be
> worth investigating.
>
> I'll have a go if no-one else is available with the spare time.

One of the things we discussed was fundraising in general (I think Don
brought it up). Although there's lots we can do with the membership money,
I think you're right to investigate other sources too.

One of the other funding ideas was to tackle the list of major companies
opposed to software patents (from the recent consultation), as they are
possibly more likely to be understand the reasons for and be interested in
sponsoring Free Software. I think Orange was one of the ones mentioned?

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden