Re: [Fsfe-uk] License Information

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] License Information
Date: 25 Aug 2001 16:07:44 +0100

Philip Hands <address@hidden> writes:

> +the licensing subject. This are overly conservative advice that you can

"This are"?  Phil, really!

Personally, I think things like "overly-conservative" should be
hyphenated, but that's a matter of opinion.

> -<p> A compatibility study is made for the most wide spread license,
> -the GNU GPL. It lists licenses that are <a
> +<p> A compatibility study has been made for the most wide spread
> +license, the GNU GPL. It lists licenses that are <a

"Has been made" or "is ongoing"?  The original version is unclear.

> -takeover the software I wrote ? Providing a general answer to this
> +takeover the software I wrote? Providing a general answer to this

"Take over" or "takeover"?  Split as a verb, I think, but I might be
wrong.

> -Software organizations</a> explaining your situation, weight their answers
> +Software organisations</a> explaining your situation, weigh their answers

Yay!  Let's use English English in FSFE!

>  given level, the choice of the license if often straight forward.

"is" not "if".

Hope that helps a bit.