fsfe-france-sci

[Fsfe-france-sci] Creation of an association for free scientific softwar

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Fsfe-france-sci] Creation of an association for free scientific software
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:40:14 +0200

Hi again,

First one correction: http://wiki.april.org/LibreScience
already contained a page with some infos about free software for science.
Unfortunately I don't manage to edit it ;^( If someone could make
the necessary updates, then that would be great.

To the main topic of my email:

We (me and several other TeXmacs developers and users) are planning
to create an association for the promotion of free software in science.
Although we mainly needed in order to have a legal existance for
getting donations and selling services, we thought that such
an association might be interesting for other developers as well.
Therefore, we would like to broaden the scope.
I just started to put the necessary infos on the Wiki.

        http://wiki.april.org/AssoScienceEn

More and more should appear gradually today and next week.
You are free to contribute ideas, suggestions, infos, etc.

Best wishes, Joris