[fsf-community-team] Introduction

From: Jimmy Frydkær Jensen
Subject: [fsf-community-team] Introduction
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:34:57 +0100

Greetings FSF

My name is Jimmy F Jensen. I'm 48 years old, and have been working with computers since 1991. I come from the world of propriety software which I'm not proud of, but some things in life just need time to mature. I turned against propriety software in 2000 and I've never looked back. The moment I understood Free Software I became free as a user. Since 2006 I've settled on two different systems: Ubuntu GNU/Linux and PC-BSD 7. Those two systems are installed on my systems, and they stay there.

I'm very active on the Internet writing in several different blogs, and are a member of both the international Ubuntu forum and our local Danish LoCo's forum. In both forums, and ob every blog I write in I advocate for people to be aware of their choice of wording. Just the way you describe it in this project's wiki.

My first thought when I first met this project was: "My God. This is what I've been searching for for years!"

In short: On our danish Ubuntu community forum, on which I'm most active, I always uses the term GNU/Linux and more than once I've been explaining why.

Regards

Jimmyfj