fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] RFC on http://www.gnu.org/education

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] RFC on http://www.gnu.org/education
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:54:47 -0500

As I currently can't do any work on the Wiki, and gnu.org has been
redesigned, I have been doing some updates to www.gnu.org/education.

I will first note with no small amount of pride that the FSEdu pages
on gnu.org are the first to conform to the new design, after
/home.html and /boilerplate.html.  If you have not seen the new design
yet, now's your chance.  The changes in code are even nicer:
degradable, but *compliant*, XHTML 1.1 is the new standard, and thus I
have had a mandate to make the coding of the FSEdu pages much more
consistent than in the past.

Adding an FSEdu stylesheet to complement /gnu.css is not out of the
question.

Now, those that have paid attention to the pages in the past will note
that I have today added a new page, `freelearning.html'.  This is to
accommodate Free Curriculum-related information.

Please read over /education, /education/software.html, and
/education/freelearning.html, with an eye towards possible
improvements, of which there are many.  Then please reply to this
thread with your suggestions.  We especially need more links for
"How?" and "Advocacy", and could probably use some more educational
software in the list and better synopses of the listed software.  More
Free learning resources are also needed.

Finally, `squirrel' should have a new FSEdu logo Real Soon Now.
Assuming it is worthy, I will beg the /graphics maintainers to put it
up, along with a descriptive page, and replace the baby GNU with the
new logo (or a modification, if not the proper size/ratio/etc).

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes.
                -- Benjamin Franklin

BLU-114/B asset wire transfer BLU-97 A/B Albania Blowpipe Vickie
Weaver emc Marxist FBI threat corporate security fissionable Becker
AIMSX