fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] Make FSEdu a logo

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] Make FSEdu a logo
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:06:15 -0500

Sean, I have a great idea for some art you could do.  We Free Software
in Education types need a NewLogo.  See
http://fsedu.org/fsedu.pl?NewLogo.  I am thinking one of your soulless
pencil 'n' colorize works would be decent.

The current thinking, which may be updated on the aforementioned URL,
is to have a GNU head wearing a graduation cap & tassel.  Also see
http://www.gnu.org/graphics/graphics.html for some existing GNU art,
so you'd know how to draw one's head.  But submissions are not in any
way limited to this idea.

Submit at the NewLogo link mentioned above.  That page explains how.
We'd need something good for thumb, and something that could be blown
up, overall.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Eight was also the Number of Bel-Shamharoth, which was why a sensible wizard
would never mention the number if he could avoid it.  Or you'll be eight
alive, apprentices were jocularly warned.  Bel-Shamharoth was especially
attracted to dabblers in magic who, by being as it were beachcombers on the
shores of the unnatural, were already half-enmeshed in his nets.
Rincewind's room number in his hall of residence had been 7a.  He hadn't
been surprised.
                -- Terry Pratchett, "The Sending of Eight"

CipherTAC-2000 USDOJ pink noise ASDIC argus USCOI Treasury Cohiba
investigation wire transfer Uzi terrorist FTS2000 Elvis Bellcore