Re: FT_Select_Size

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: FT_Select_Size
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 13:59:03 +0000 (UTC)

>> `available_sizes` is mentioned in the documentation of
>> `FT_Select_Size` ??? it seems that you've missed that, so I wonder
>> whether you have a suggestion to improve the documentation...
>
> Personally I would add a get-function to provide this information.
> I was also looking for a function-call and not something part of a
> structure.

We won't add such a function – FreeType is an old library with an old
API, and it doesn't make sense IMHO to blow up the interface with
'modern' getters for each and any variable in `FT_Face` (and all the
other, big structures).  I considuer such functions more suitable for
object-oriented languages like C++.

Anyway, you've not answered my question, so I ask again: Do you have a
suggestion how to improve the *documentation* (and not the API)?