Compiling freetype without make and cmake

From: honey
Subject: Compiling freetype without make and cmake
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 06:36:43 -0700

   Hello all.

   I have an unusual requirement. I am trying to use Freetype with the
   Arduino framework, via PlatformIO w/ VSCode

   Being able to build it under this environment means opening up freetype
   to a whole range of IoT devices.

   However, PlatformIO uses its own build system, which won’t play nice
   with make and cmake.

   So I have some questions.

    1. Will reverse engineering the CMake and Make stuff rub anyone the
       wrong way? I don’t want to create a derivative work, I just want to
       build freetype under a different build system
    2. Can anyone point me to some resources that might help with #1 or
       otherwise is anyone interested in helping me do this?

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10