Re: FT Performance Regression?

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: FT Performance Regression?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 21:05:25 -0400

> Thanks, do you know how much difference the span batching made to
performance?

In depends on your program. Simple scanlines might be delivered at once.
Freetype won't wait for you to process each spam.

> It's also been pointed out to me that setjmp/longjmp can be very slow
(eg, 12ms of a 36ms call was spent in setjmp). Are there any plans to
remove FTs dependence on these functions?

This is definitely not a bottle neck, unless the font is crazy complicated
<https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Cabin+Sketch>. If you are paranoid, you
can increase FT_RENDER_POOL_SIZE
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/include/freetype/config/ftoption.h#n398>
.