Re: please test ftview

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: please test ftview
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 07:02:22 +0100 (CET)

> What do you think about a GSoC project to implement native Quartz
> and Wayland ports, considering the current landscape?  This is
> somewhat contrary to the ftinspect goals, but I think that our test
> tools should stay rather low level.

Basically, I don't object.  On the other hand I wonder whether such a
low-level graphics library has to be maintained within FreeType.  Have
we ever done an evaluation of that?  Does such a simple graphics
library already exist elsewhere?  Is it only FreeType who needs this?
Otherwise it might be useful as a project to split it off to a
separate library, probably to be maintained in a separate git
repository.

    Werner

PS: Note that GSoC this years will be different, since the amount of
    time (and money) for students gets halved: Projects will last only
    six weeks instead of three months.