Re: Apply #57432 fix to Ins_CALL too? And round mode 3

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: Apply #57432 fix to Ins_CALL too? And round mode 3
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 13:06:54 -0400

> > Please *demonstrate* the bug and then provide a patch. I do not see
> > anything wrong > with the code. In fact I can introduce Orange, Purple, and
> > Beige compensations and > use it *internally*. You cannot convince me
> > otherwise.
>
> It is about being formally correct. Value 3 is an off-spec value that happens
> not to crash windows, and seems to behave like gray=0 .

Formally? I truly wish you just point to the line(s) in the code and
explain what is wrong. You started an argument about nothing. FreeType
does not differentiate between colors and does not apply any
compensation whatsoever. They were supposed to be different in printer
drivers, perhaps in inkjet printers to compensate for ink smear.
Nobody knows the proper compensation! And you just started to make a
big deal out of nothing without providing any useful information as to
proper compensation values or anything useful at all. How am I
supposed to react to your complaint?

Formally, FreeType respects 0,1,2 as zero-preset compensation
placeholders and politely asks to keep 3 as zero-compensation even if
patching in the other 3 values. Please read the code again.