Re: GSOC Build tests

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSOC Build tests
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 16:23:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Greg,

sorry for the late reply.

> As, discussed with Werner I have:
> 1) added a simple config file (in CI/ft-tests.config)
> 2) split the tests into smaller chunks
> 3) changed the colors of the diff images to green / red
> 4) added the diff images to the generated comparison page
> 5) fixed the relative paths in the generated comparison page

This looks good, thanks.  However, I miss a README document that
explains where to start...

> I have also made an attempt to add a fix for the MinGW builds but it
> appears your make install script can't handle window paths so we'll
> need to sed the \ to / or something to fix that build test.

Please show an error log.  Maybe it's easy to fix.

> If you have any issues or questions about my code I will still be
> checking this email even after GSoC so let me know and I will do my
> best to fix whatever is wrong.

Great, thanks!

> In the gitlab migration listing I can talk about integrating this
> before or after you move but I am more familiar with github and can
> only really answer questions on my azure config file and scripts or
> integrating it with github.

We would be indeed glad if you could assits with CI stuff since my
knowledge is essentially zero.

> As for my side of the GSoC evaluation, Where do your students
> typically link to for the "showcase" of their project?

You should put your code into a branch named 'GSoC-2020-greg' (or
something similar) of the FreeType repository.

> I was never able to successfully push to your repo

This we have to fix right now.  What exactly is the problem?  Have you
uploaded an SSH key to Savannah for your account?

  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

Be careful not to add a final newline character that some editors
automatically insert.  After this, you should be able to checkout the
FreeType repositories with

  git clone fundies@git.savannah.nongnu.org:/srv/git/freetype/freetype2.git
  git clone
fundies@git.savannah.nongnu.org:/srv/git/freetype/freetype2-demos.git