Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 10:59:01 -0400

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:37 AM Anuj Verma <address@hidden> wrote:

> > What do you need from FreeType to calculate DF?
> > Do you see or know
> where to find everything you need?
>
> I will need the bitmap and/or the outline depending upon the type of font.
> And yes I know where to find those. They both can be accessed from FT_Face.

Great! Without further delay, go ahead and write a standalone program
that calculates DF for a outline glyph in whatever format you choose
or is appropriate. This is a lot of work by itself. How are you going
to calculate it straight from Bezier outlines should concern you much
more than memory issues.

We can think about integrating it into FreeType ,once you have a
standalone implementation.

Alexei