Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC

From: ANUJ VERMA
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 07:51:31 +0530

Hello Alexei,
Thanks for the mail!

> It would be a separate FT_Renderer module.
> The only change in FreeType might be FT_RENDER_MODE_DF, or maybe, some interface to add that dynamically.

This is what I have planned to do for vector fonts, since the FT_Renderer module converts glyph's outline to bitmap.
And for bitmap fonts I will add something like FT_Bitmap_Convert which will convert the existing bitmap to distance field.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can I create a separate branch in the freetype2 repository as suggested by Werner? (https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2020-05/msg00033.html)

> * I ask you to put your stuff into a private branch called
> 'xxx-projectname', with 'xxx' identifying yourself and 'projectname'
> your preferred project name).  If necessary, create more branches to
> your liking with similar names

Although I don't understand 'private branch'. Are you talking about local branch? What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Anuj