Re: Important changes in Docwriter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Important changes in Docwriter
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 20:08:22 +0200 (CEST)

> I did a quick search, and came across this pull request in the mkdocs
> repository:
>
>   https://github.com/mkdocs/mkdocs/pull/1805

OK, thanks for investigating.

> To implement these changes to allow them to work with docwriter will
> require fixing the attached script to prevent the page from freezing,
> modifying docwriter to add the required entries to `mkdocs.yml`, and
> possibly the build system to create the `search_index.js` file after
> the site is generated.

This is definitely something that needs more testing, so we could
think about a solution after the next release.

> Unfortunately, it is unlikely that I will be able to find time this
> week to work on this, although I can help with finding the
> files/build targets to make the required changes once the problems I
> stated above are fixed.

No problem!  Thanks again for looking into the issue – I would be glad
if you could eventually implement a fix, but this is no longer urgent.
For the moment, I will add a sentence that the search field doesn't
work for locally installed documentation.

    Werner