freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Timeout/Lock-up

From: Darius Jahandarie
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Timeout/Lock-up
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:49:16 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:26:23PM -0700, Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
> Darius Jahandarie wrote:
>> Freetalk likes to freeze up after awhile (I haven't found anything
>> consistent happening before all of the freezes). I am still able to run
>> commands, etc., but it seems like the client is disconnected from the server
>> and is just showing all the data it had before getting disconnected.
>> Other jabber clients see my ID as logged off when this happens.
>>
>> I have the latest version from the repo, and have tried with the stable
>> version as well.
>> I am using jabber.org for my server.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a solution or is there a way to debug this?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Hi Darius,
> Not sure if this is because of freetalk or libloudmouth or jabber.org
> service. Can you
> please try freetalk with any other service and see if the problem is
> reproducible?
> --
> Anand Babu Periasamy
> GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31
> Blog [http://unlocksmith.org]
> GlusterFS [http://www.gluster.org]
> GNU/Linux [http://www.gnu.org]

I tried using freetalk with GTalk (talk.google.com) and it has yet to
disconnect, so it seems
like jabber.org is the problem.

I seem to recall them doing an update recently on their servers, perhaps the
problem was
introduced then?

Other clients still stay connected to jabber.org, so I think it's a
compatibility problem
with FreeTalk (or something it relies on) and jabber.org.

If there are any steps I can take to debug this, let me know.

Thanks.

--
Darius Jahandarie <address@hidden>
http://althack.org