freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] PATCH: Freetalk!

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] PATCH: Freetalk!
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:36:31 -0700

,----[ Harshavardhana Ranganath <address@hidden> ]
| Thanks but i am still wondering that.. why is that.? init.scm is a
| bad example..i have little knowlegde.. of SCheme.. i am learning
| it.. i am trying to port some morse.scm and utils.scm to the
| freetalk.. i think it will take.. time.. well.. i am proud.. that my
| work is appreciated.. i have to checkin for some common
| procedures.. and also.. other ft-return-hook things.. which i have
| to include.. in the freetalk.texi...  i think that can be
| done.. later.. upon new.. updation in the software..do i have to
| send the files.. or.. just keep doing this procedure.. of sending
| patch or updates.. :)
`----

Freetalk itself is partially in C and Scheme. Extensions are
completely in Scheme. You can imagine as init.scm coming from to
Scheme part of Freetalk. So init.scm is a system file. It is used by
freetalk core to do basic initialization and provide full fledged
environment and functionalities to the extensions.

Be aware, Scheme is like cocaine. Verrry addictive!!!

Me and Avati had a long discussion about hooks. We are going to
provide another extension what will introduce extended hooks
functionality. Hooks that can control the flow of execution.

Do not document the Scheme part of documentation. Wait till the
primitives are frozen. They will go into "Hackers Guide"
chapter. Till then concentrate on installation,
configuration/customization and usage part (User Guide Chapter).

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31