freeon-users

[Freeon-users] configure: error: F77 (mpixlf77_r) and F90 (mpixlf95_r) c

From: Jeff Hammond
Subject: [Freeon-users] configure: error: F77 (mpixlf77_r) and F90 (mpixlf95_r) compilers are different. This is not going to work.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:33:07 -0500

I don't understand the configure test that returns this error:
configure: error: F77 (mpixlf77_r) and F90 (mpixlf95_r) compilers are
different. This is not going to work.

Unlike other Fortran compilers, XLF is fairly strict about fixed
versus free source form and other F77-F95 syntax differences, hence
distinguishing these two compilers is important.  They both have the
same xlf backend but one instruments -qfixed and the other does not.
Hence the objects generated with them will be compatible.

I can manually hack around this but I'd rather have a workaround in
configure such as --ignore-f77-f95-mismatch.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond