freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Does Freeipmi currently support SSIF?

From: Don Holmgren
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Does Freeipmi currently support SSIF?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:14:59 -0500

Great, thanks.

We chose the SE7210TP1-E because it was the most cost effective for our
application (lattice gauge theory, also called lattice QCD).  We also
tested dual Xeon, dual Opteron, and dual G5, but price/performance was
significantly better for systems based on this single Pentium 4
motherboard.

I would note that the PCI-X (only 64/66) on these motherboards has very
disappointing performance because of the choice of "hub link" between
the north and south bridges.  With Myrinet I see only about 200 MB/sec
through this bus.  That turns out to be fast enough for our application.
But, I'd definitely recommend E7220-based motherboards for single P4
systems, as their PCI-E has very good performance.  Such systems weren't
available when we bought the SE7210TP1-E's.

Don