freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Does Freeipmi currently support SSIF?

From: Don Holmgren
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Does Freeipmi currently support SSIF?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:16:03 -0500

Sorry, I was on the road away from my notes and typed in the wrong
motherboard part number.

The correct part is
   SE7210TP1-E
also known as "Torrey Pines".  The technical documentation is off of
   http://developer.intel.com/design/servers/boards/SE7210TP1-E/index.htm

The BMC aboard uses IPMI 1.5, though it uses SSIF.  IIRC, the SSIF
interface is documented only in the IPMI 2.0 specs.

We've had no trouble talking to the BMC via the LAN interface.
However, we prefer each node to do its own health monitoring and
watchdog timer control.

Don