Re: [Freebangfont-devel] [Indic-computing-devel] Unicode Public Review I

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] [Indic-computing-devel] Unicode Public Review Issues update (fwd)
Date: 02 Jul 2003 00:05:23 +0530

On মঙ্গল, 2003-07-01 at 14:28, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
> In case someone does follow up on this, there is one related thing: how to
> write
>
> 'Vowel Ri' + reph
>
> (as in the word 'noirrit' -- one of the 45 + 90x directions, I don't remember
> exactly which).

dakkhin-pashchim
I could not write it either. :-(

> Also, the unicode FAQ already mentions a + hasanta + ya for a-zophola, but is
> it legal to place other vowels in place of 'a' ? 'e' is definitely valid, but
> what about 'i' and 'u' etc ? Does unicode have a policy/recommendation on
> this ?

I have not seen anything other than aya and eya in the various examples
lying around at the Unicode site.
I don't think that there are words which use vowel hashanta ya where
vowel != a && vowel != e

-sdg-

 *         The Ankur Project               *
Bringing Bangla to Free/Open Source Software
 *      http://www.bengalinux.org/         *